Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Welcome to Hip Carry Kitchen

My name is Rachel and I love to cook. Actually, I love feeding people and sharing food. The act of cooking? Meh. I'm a full-time mum of a toddler on a tight budget so a lot of recipes are just too hard, too expensive or too delicate.

Something requires split second timing? Not interested.
Strange cheeses you can only acquire from an organic farm on the side of a pristine mountain? Not a chance.
Quick, cheap, delicious and filling? I sure hope so.

A lot of my tastes developed when my now-husband and I were living in a trendy suburb with two incomes, no kids, gourmet delicatessens and butchers down the road and lots of spare time. Now that we're living in low-income suburbanite hell with a toddler I still like things like quinoa, chia seeds and spices so I make space for them in our budget. Also, I could probably live out of my pantry for a month, I'd just have to go vegetarian.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, some of my best friends are vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment