Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Quick Moroccan Vegan Casserole

Some very dear friends of mine are Vegan but I still love having them over for dinner so I've refined a couple of dishes that we can all enjoy. 

My requirements for vegan dishes is that I don't need weird ingredients that will only be used in very specific vegan dishes so this one is works well for us.

Ingredients

1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 can of diced tomatoes
Moroccan spice mix
Baby spinach leaves

Throw the chickpeas and tomato into a saucepan with a heaped teaspoon of spice mix and cook on a low heat until its just bubbling. Taste and add more spice if required then leave it on a low simmer while you make any sides (I usually serve this with couscous) then when your sides are ready chuck in a few handfuls of baby spinach and give it a stir. You only want to cook the spinach enough to wilt it which is why I have my sides ready.

That's it, you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment